Total online: 1
The main indicators of financial and economic statistics in the UK
• The balance of industrial orders by the CBI (CBI Industrial Order Expectations) monthly report from the British Confederation of Industrialists, which reflects the expectations of more than 550 participants of the promising state of the British economy in the sphere of production. Has a definite, but not very noticeable impact on the national currency.
• The state budget deficit (Public Sector Net Borrowing) is the difference between income and expenditure of state corporations, national governments and local authorities. Significant impact on the course doesn't have. Published every month after the 20th of the number.
• Change of volume of production processing industry (Manufacturing Production m/m) leading indicator which reflects the state of Affairs in the 80% share of UK industrial production, correlates with the level of employment and wages. Noticeable influence does not render. It is published monthly.
• Change of volume of retail sales (Retail Sales m/m) – the main indicator of consumer confidence, which measures the total activity of the economy. Under normal conditions, the index growth leads to the strengthening of the currency. Index important for traders and exchange rate. Published every month after the 20th of the number..
• Change the number of applications for unemployment benefits (Claimant count rate) – indicator that shows the number of registered in the employment centers of applications from unemployed people applying for employment. Calculated monthly and published about the middle of the month at 09:30 GMT. Has a significant impact on the national currency.
• The PMI for the manufacturing sector (Manufacturing PMI) – a report on the results of the survey of managers that perform procurement in the manufacturing sector of the economy. It evaluates the volume of inventories, employment, stocks, etc. the Figure below 50 indicating a possible slowdown in the industry, and Vice versa, the index contributes to currency rate. Index is typically published on the first working day of the month at 09:30 GMT.
• The PMI for the construction sector (Construction PMI) – a report on the results of the survey of about 170 managers who work in the construction sector of the British economy. It is estimated construction output, prices, employment, inventories, shipments, etc. a Figure below 50 indicating a possible slowdown in this area, and Vice versa, the index contributes to currency rate. This leading indicator affects the market is often not much. Published once a month on the day after the Manufacturing PMI, also at 09:30 GMT.
• The PMI index for services (Services PMI) report on the results of the survey of managers working in the service sector of the British economy. It is estimated the volume of produced services, prices, employment, inventories, shipments, etc. a Figure below 50 indicating a possible slowdown in this area, and Vice versa, the index contributes to currency rate. Market impact is often limited. Published once a month, a day after the Manufacturing PMI, also at 09:30 GMT.
• Retail sales from the CBI (CBI Realized Sales) is an indicator of the state of "health" of the trade sector of the national economy from the British Confederation of Industrialists. Includes a summary of the data obtained on the basis of information provided by 160 retail and wholesale companies cover a significant portion of this sector. In fact it is a leading indicator of consumer confidence. Published at the end of the month at 11:00 GMT.
• Index of average earnings (Average Earnings Index 3m/y) is the index takes into account all earnings for the last three months (and this includes everything, including bonuses and awards). The index serves as a useful indicator of possible inflation, if it is analysed together with the level of productivity, because the imbalance of these indicators leads to higher prices. The Bank of England considers it in their practice when choosing the value of the basic interest rate.
• The consumer confidence index from the GFK (Gfk consumer confidence) – monthly calculated consumer "optimism", which does not always adequately reflect the real state of Affairs in the economy. Significant impact on the currency has not. Published usually at the end of the month at 10:30 GMT.
• The index of housing prices from Halifax (Halifax HPI m/m) – monthly report from the Halifax Bank of Scotland about changes in property prices. This leading indicator provides an indirect and not very visible impact on the market. The growth of demand for real estate attracts investors and creates the national economy and manufacturing activity. In a recent index published in the first of the month.
• A national index of housing prices (Nationwide HPI m/m) - monthly indicator of the level of housing prices and real estate nationwide throughout the UK. Significant impact on the currency has not. Publish it when you change the month at 07:00 GMT.
• Planned the Bank of England purchases assets (Asset Purchase Facility) is a program of the Bank of England to regulate its own balance sheet securities (mainly government), which was first published in 2009. Directly affects the rate, with the growth of the program, the sterling weakened. Otherwise, it is called "quantitative easing".
• Minutes of meeting of Committee on monetary policy (MPC Meeting Minutes) – a detailed report is published two weeks after the Committee meeting and includes the voting results on the basic interest rate in the format X-Y-Z, where X is the number of those who voted for the rate increase, Y–, Z – for the preservation at the same level. Gives an idea about the current economic situation and possible ways of its development. Traders are closely watching the emergence of "minutes" and actively respond to their content.
• Report of the parliamentary inflation report (Inflation Report Hearings) – the Protocol of hearings on inflation in the budget Committee of the Parliament, during which the head of the Bank of England and several members of the Committee on monetary policy (MPC) make reports and its forecasts for inflation and the economy as a whole. The debate continues for several hours, and it can cause the volatility of the national currency. Held once a quarter.
• The decision of the Bank of England's basic interest rate (Official Bank Rate) members of the Committee on monetary policy (MPC) voting for decision according to the current value of the basic interest rate. Under normal conditions, the increase in rates leads to a growth of the pound, conversely, a decrease leads to a weakening currency. The minutes of the meeting published two weeks after their completion in the form of so-called "MPC minute" (MPC Meeting Minutes).
• Balance of payments (Current Account) – the price difference between exported and imported goods, services, income, etc. are Calculated is published quarterly in approximately 85 days after the end of the reporting quarter at 09:30 GMT.
Be aware of these indicators, You can use our "Economic calendar".
|Category: Forex | Added by: (29.10.2017)