Total online: 1
The main indicators of financial and economic statistics in the United States
• Balance the Federal Budget (Federal Budget Balance) – balance of state revenues and expenditures United States. The balance is positive and negative – in the first case, revenues exceed expenses, and the second – on the contrary. Significant impact on the market does not produce, but are important for long-term analysis of the situation in the economy.. It is published the 20th of each month at 19:00 GMT.
• Beige Book from the fed (Beige Book) review, collective authorship of which belongs to the twelve regional branch of the Federal reserve. Overview universal – it covers the scope of production activities, service industry, financial institutions, agriculture, real estate and the labor market. Significant impact on the market does not have, but provides additional information for evaluating current economy trends. A review published during the year 8 times, after about 7-8 weeks every Wednesday at 17:00 GMT.
• Orders for durable goods m/m (Durable Goods Orders m/m) – to calculate this index uses statistics on goods, the service life of which exceeds three years – furniture, cars, etc. This is a very informative indicator of consumer confidence at this point in time. The purchase of these expensive products show the state of the consumer's budget. The indicator suggests "positive" in the economy and leads to growth of dollar rate. It is usually published in the last week of the month at 13:30 GMT.
• The change in average hourly wages (Average hourly earnings m/m) – sometimes in the form of absolute values and index, which determines the ratio of the current values to that in the previous reporting period. As a measure of inflationary potential, directly linked to the cost of labor. No noticeable impact on the market, but in conjunction with other events, the growth of this index is able to push up the dollar. Publish it in every first Friday of the month at 13:30 GMT.
• Change GDP, final q/q (Final GDP q/q) – the updated value of the quarterly GDP, which finally clarifies the previous value Revised GDP q/q. As a rule, the difference between them is small. The impact on the market significantly. GDP growth is directly linked with the dollar. Comes a month after "Prelim GDP q/q" (see below) in the 20's of the month at 13:30 GMT.
• Change GDP revised q/q (Prelim GDP q/q) - revised value of GDP index, significantly affects the exchange rate. The figure contributes to the strengthening of the currency. Comes a month after "Advance GDP q/q" (see below) in the 20's of the month at 13:30 GMT.
• Change in the volume of GDP, previous quarter (GDP Advance q/q) first in order of appearance, and a very "influential" in the set of quarterly indicators of GDP. The growth of this indicator leads to the growth of the dollar. Published quarterly in the 20's of the month at 13:30 GMT.
• The volume of stocks in commercial warehouses, m/m Business Inventories m/m) the indicator has an insignificant effect on the exchange rate, and is usually in inverse relationship with the dollar, after a constant growth stocks for a long time speaks of "stagnation" in the economy. Data are published in the middle of the month at 13:30 GMT.
• The volume of stocks in warehouses of wholesale trade m/m Wholesale Inventories m/m) is a trend indicator that reflects the interaction between the wholesale and retail trade. Excess inventory indicates a stagnation in the economy. The index is not particularly powerful, and its growth has a negative impact on the dollar. Published every month about 10-th at 15:00 GMT.
• Change factory orders m/m (Factory Orders m/m) – to calculate this index uses statistics like durable goods, and nondurable. The latter will include clothes, shoes and other light industrial products, spare parts and consumables, as well as food. For durable goods - products, service life of which exceeds three years – furniture, cars, etc. little effect on the rate of national currency has not. Publish it in the beginning of the month at 15:00 GMT.
• Change import prices m/m (Import Prices m/m) the index shows monthly change in the prices of imported products. Due to the fact that a large proportion of the consumer basket in the United States is filled with imported goods and even services, this index is important for measuring inflation. Special influence on the market does not produce. Publish it monthly in the beginning 10 numbers at 13:30 GMT.
• Change in number employed in non-agricultural sector (Non-Farm Employment Change) - the indicator shows the employment change in all sectors of the economy except agriculture. Has a very noticeable effect on the exchange rate – the so-called "market-mover". Usually, when you index the dollar strengthened. The indicator is published monthly on the first Friday of 13:30 GMT.
• Chicago purchasing Manager index (Chicago PMI) - calculated the results of the survey of managers of commercial and industrial companies in Chicago and based on the results of their procurement. It reflects the current state in the field of production orders, prices for finished goods and inventory. If the index decreases below the threshold at 45-50 points, it is a sign of stagnation in the economy. The indicator is deservedly popular and makes a noticeable impact on the market. Is in direct proportion to the dollar. Is usually published on the last working day of the month at 15:00 GMT.
• PMI non-manufacturing sector from ISM (ISM Non-Manufacturing PMI) it is calculated according to the results of a survey of managers working in the service sector. If the index falls below key level of 45-50 points, this reflects a reduction in the pace of economic development. Has a noticeable impact on the market. The indicator suggests a possible strengthening of the dollar. Issued at 15:00 GMT the day after a similar index for the manufacturing sector (see below).
• The PMI index in the production sphere from ISM (ISM Manufacturing PMI) - calculated at the end of the survey managers who work at industrial enterprises. With it estimated the volume of production orders, fulfillment, employment in the industrial sector, commodity stocks, etc. If the index falls below key level of 45-50 points, this reflects a reduction in the pace of economic development. Has a noticeable impact on the market. The indicator suggests a possible strengthening of the dollar. Out on the first working day of the month at 15:00 GMT.
• The index of consumer sentiment from UoM (UoM Consumer Sentiment) the index is based on surveying consumers on the topic of the state of Affairs in the economy, which is performed by researchers of the University of Michigan. Published twice a month: pre - Friday the second week), and the final is in two weeks exactly, usually at 15:00 GMT. Market impact is negligible. The increasing index indicates a strengthening of the dollar, reflecting the objective financial possibilities of consumers.
• The index of labor costs QoQ (Unit Labor Costs q/q) is calculated on the basis of the unit cost of products, demonstrating overall efficiency of the economy. The impact indicator on the market is noticeable, moreover, it reflects wage growth. Growth will be a positive factor for the national currency. Published quarterly about 10-th at 13:30 GMT.
• The number of laid new foundations (Housing Starts) - number of mortgaged new homes. The indicator is updated synchronously with the main interest rate the fed, and, in addition, has a tendency to seasonal changes. It reflects the level of income of citizens of the United States. Therefore, the increase in the number of potential objects of construction characterizes improving their well-being and improvement in the economy. Is having a limited impact on the market. The growth of its value renders positive influence on the national currency. Published in the third week of every month at 13:30 GMT.
• The number of issued construction permits (Building permits) - counting the number of already issued permits for construction of new homes. The impact on the market is small and growth has a positive effect on the dollar. The indicator is directly dependent on mortgage rates and Bank loans, and, accordingly, the interest rates of the fed, because the construction industry is traditionally very "creditsepisode". The indicator has seasonal fluctuations. For obvious reasons, this indicator reflects the level of incomes. This increase is due to the General growth of wealth and a "growing" economy.Published at 13:30 GMT on the third week of each month.
• Coefficient of capacity utilization (Capacity Utilization Rate) – the indicator is in direct proportion to the dollar and shows the level of capacity utilization in the United States. The level of 85% is considered favorable and balanced, and the higher testifies to the inflation problem. Has a weak influence on the market behavior and published in the middle of the month at 14:15 GMT.
• Personal income m/m (Personal Income m/m) the index reflects the level of purchasing power of citizens. The increase indicates an increase in retail sales, reflecting the improvement in the national economy , leading to a strengthening of the dollar. It has a negligible impact on the exchange rate. Usually published monthly after the 20 th at 13:30 GMT.
• Personal spending m/m (Personal Spending m/m) - the index characterizes the level of expenses of citizens for the purpose of personal consumption. The integrated index consists of expenditure on durable goods and nondurable, as well as for services. The effect is strong enough, the increasing rate will push the dollar higher. Usually published every month after 20 th at 13:30 GMT.
• The volume of crude oil inventories (Crude Oil Inventories) – inventory levels of crude oil in the United States, published once a week, on Wednesdays at 15:30 GMT. The currency market is almost not affected.
• Net purchases of U.S. securities by foreign investors (TIC Long-Term Purchases) – in fact this indicator reflects the desire of foreigners to Finance the trade deficit of the United States. In case of exceeding of this indicator over the deficit, the economy, otherwise the country can not "cover" its excessive consumption. The contribution of this indicator making private investors (hedge funds and investment companies, etc.) and formal structures from other countries, usually their Central banks. The indicator is published in the middle of each month at 14:00 GMT.
• Sales in the secondary housing market (Existing Home Sales) - the number of homes sold on the secondary market. The index is markedly higher than the same index for new homes (see below).
• Sales in the primary housing market (New Home Sales) – annual amount of sold and for sale, houses designed for one family. The rate increases with rate of loans secured by real estate that are directly aligned with the main interest rate the fed. For a measure are characterized by seasonal fluctuations. Market significant impact has not. Growing index of a positive impact on the dollar. Published at the beginning of each month at 15:00 GMT.
• The production index of Empire State (Empire State Manufacturing Index) – the indicator is calculated on the basis of several indices of the industrial sector in the region of new York. The market does not have much impact. The growth index has a positive effect on the dollar. Is roughly in the middle of the month at 13:30 GMT
• the Manufacturing index Philadelphia fed (Philly Fed Manufacturing Index) – is based on the survey of manufacturers Philadelphia about the state of the economy in the region. Significantly influence the exchange rate, when the growth of the dollar strengthened. Is published every month on the third Thursday at 17:00 GMT.
• Minutes of FOMC meeting (FOMC Meeting Minutes) - contains the FOMC decision on monetary policy. Usually the impact on the market is limited, but sometimes the text can provide to cause a noticeable exchange rate movements. The Protocol comes immediately after the FOMC meeting at 19:15 GMT.
• The decision on the basic interest rate (Federal Funds Rate) – the main interest rate set by the FOMC – perhaps the most important tool in the Arsenal of the Commission on open markets. This interest rate is used for the operation of the borrowing banks within the fed. It is clear that such an important indicator affecting the entire credit system in the United States and in the world, and, of course, on the rate of inflation – and thus on the dollar. The FOMC meeting, which rate is determined, takes place eight times a year, some seven to eight weeks. Publication is 6:15 GMT.The increase in interest rates reduces the activity in the economy, the decline exacerbates it, because the credit resources are becoming more accessible for business.
• The number of initial claims for unemployment benefits (Unemployment Claims) – the weekly number of new (primary) applications from laid-off workers to receive unemployment benefits. Its impact on the market is not as large as in Non Farm Payrolls. The decline in the index usually has a positive effect on the national currency. Published weekly on Thursday at 13:30 GMT.
Be aware of these indicators, You can use our "Economic calendar".
|Category: Forex | Added by: (29.10.2017)